Virtual Platforms & Services
Don’t Know Where to Start?
Fill out this form and one of our team members will get in touch about what to do next!
Intake Form (LINK TO COME LATER)
Check out our other platforms and services!
Mercer Virtual Services
The Mercer Virtual Services platform allows workforce members to:
- Complete self-assessment for job transition support
- Set up job alerts
- Receive resume support through workshops, resumes templates by industry and professional feedback
- Practice interview skills through recording and playback options.
- Explore workshops on building ideal cover letters, professional pitches and reference pages.
- Conduct Job Searches in collaboration with the Indeed Platform
- Access a Virtual Coach for feedback and recommendations
The dashboard feature allows users to track their progress through each section for additional self-review.
Skills to Succeed
Skills to Succeed is a free and interactive training that prepares users to plan their career, get a job, and succeed at work.
Sections to explore include:
- Choosing Your Career – defines a career, how to think about career decisions, and set career goals.
- Getting a Job – reviews how to apply for the right jobs, write a resume, complete an application, and discuss successful interview techniques.
- Success in Work – covers how to prepare for work, work with others, and stay motivated.
Access Code: 04GWho
Career Center Virtual Services
Virtual Job Fairs (add link)
Goodwill Houston has brought together employers from throughout the Houston area to digitally meet you! *Add registration link routed to Giaberto*
- Orientation Sessions (weekly)
- Resume Writing
- Mock Interviewing
- Navigating CareerConnector
- Zoom Etiquette
- and many more topics!
GCF Learn Free
GCFLearnFree provides free, self-paced, online tutorials to learns. There are a few classes that are available when learners can obtain a certification of completion and continuing education units (CEUs). There are 125 tutorials including over 1,100 lessons, videos, games, text and interactive resources. Content is available in an offline version that can be downloaded and printer for individuals or classrooms without internet access. GCFLearnFree offers online classes for Microsoft Office Windows (not Mac) including Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Access for Windows (2007, 2010, and 2013 versions).
Content is also available in Spanish: www.GCFLatino.org