Career Services – Job Connection
Ready for your first job or your next career move? Our Career Center staff works with you to establish your individualized plan on how to achieve your desired goals. Register now for our online Orientation session to get started.
Goodwill Houston has brought together employers from throughout the Houston area to digitally meet you!
- Check Out Our Virtual Job Fairs
- Orientation Sessions (weekly)
- Resume Writing
- Mock Interviewing
- Navigating CareerConnector
- Zoom Etiquette
- and many more topics!
Skills to Succeed
Skills to Succeed is a free and interactive training that prepares users to plan their career, get a job, and succeed at work.
Sections to explore include:
- Choosing Your Career – defines a career, how to think about career decisions, and set career goals.
- Getting a Job – reviews how to apply for the right jobs, write a resume, complete an application, and discuss successful interview techniques.
- Success in Work – covers how to prepare for work, work with others, and stay motivated.
Access Code: 04GWho (Needed to access service)
Virtual Services – Job Connection
For High Tech Users
The Mercer Virtual Services platform allows workforce members to:
- Complete self-assessment for job transition support
- Set up job alerts
- Receive resume support through workshops, resumes templates by industry and professional feedback
- Practice interview skills through recording and playback options.
- Explore workshops on building ideal cover letters, professional pitches and reference pages.
- Conduct Job Searches in collaboration with the Indeed Platform
- Access a Virtual Coach for feedback and recommendations
The dashboard feature allows users to track their progress through each section for additional self-review.
GCF Learn Free – Job Search
Get useful tips and strategies for networking and finding a job
GCF Learn Free – Career Planning
Looking to advance in your career? Embarking on an entirely new one? These lessons will show you how to research careers, assess your needs, research salary information, and gain new skills
GCF Learn Free – Workplace Skills
Use these lessons to make a good impression at work. Learn all about what’s expected of you as a new employee, how to complete paperwork, what you need to know about benefits and time off, and more.