Job Title: Store Donation Attendant and Attended Donation Center Attendant
Department: Retail Store
Reports to: ADC Supervisor/Store Manager
Accepts merchandise donations according to Goodwill policy and to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill Store to maximize profitability and increase opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain excellent customer relations and able to work weekends.
• Must be able to maintain a cheerful and pleasant disposition when serving customers/donors.
• Loads and sorts materials in trailer/store front according to Goodwill policy and procedures.
• Maintain accurate records of donations and issues completed donation receipts to all donors.
• Provides daily reports of trailer/site front status to dispatch.
• Adhere to all Goodwill policies, procedures and regulations.
• Follow all safety and security policies and procedures.
• Responsible for making all store decisions within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
o We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all of our customers
o We are committed to a clean, neat, and organized store. The image of the store reflects Goodwill and the team
o Donors should be greeted in 10 seconds
o We are committed to a full store with full inventory
o Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it
o All donations should be processed within 24 hours
o If you have a pile, you have a problem
o Hard goods should be priority processed
o Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage
o Don’t fall in love with your donations… rotation is critical to success
o Donor Value should increase
o Profits should increase
• Must perform necessary janitorial work.
• Conduct self in a safe manner; report all work injuries immediately.
• Conduct self in safe manner; report all work injuries immediately.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with the public and department staff at all times.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
• Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
• Successfully complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
• Assist with the security and safety of company employees and property.
• Free from alcohol and drugs.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets). The employee must also be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Indoor work environment with occasional exposure to outside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equipment, Machines, and Tools Used:
Employee understands he/she may be transferred to another location at any time at the discretion of the Vice President of Operations and/or the District Sales Manager.
For inquiries for this position, please apply online.