Job Title: Staffing Specialist
Department: Human Services
Reports to: Staffing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to the HR Staffing Supervisor, the Staffing Specialist is responsible for the recruiting, interviewing and screening of job candidates in support of an assigned sales district. The Staffing Specialist position is a traveling positing and will require travel between stores within an assigned sales district in Houston and the surrounding areas. The percentage of travel can be up to 75% each week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with hiring managers within an assigned sales district in order to determine recruitment needs.
- Collaborate with all levels of management within an assigned sales district to determine desired skill set. Guide and consults hiring managers with salaries and compensation package.
- Assist employees with routine personnel related questions as the first point of contact for employee related issues.
- Involved in implementing specific projects regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Establish a network of recruiting contacts to include diversity agencies, public organizations, colleges and universities, etc.
- Coordinate the recruitment of candidates for all job openings within an assigned sales district. Conducts initial and second interviews, pre-employment background checks and drug screening as required. Extend job offers to candidates as necessary.
- Ensures legality of interview techniques, questions, reference checks, and testing. Provides guidance and counseling to hiring managers regarding same.
- Conducts new employee orientation and dissemination of employee policies within an assigned sales district.
- Provides routine job vacancy and recruiting status reports to departments as requested.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of job posting and requisition system.
- Assist with management and professional level recruiting as needed.
- Proactively provides guidance, counsel and training to staff on employee recruiting issues.
- Ensures all interviews are in compliance with federal, state and local law and internal policy procedure as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Human Services, HR Staffing Supervisor or the Senior Staffing Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of one year in a similar role is required.
- Strong collaborative skills, with ability to work at all levels within the organization.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
Update and submit resume to CWilliams@goodwillhouston.org