Job Title: Program Manager (Life Launch 2.0)
Department: Workforce Development (WFD)
Reports to: Manager of Meyerland Job Connection Center
FLSA Status: Exempt – Full time
To help people achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work. The Program Manager works with workforce members in a re-entry program to help create a positive, effective, and consistent corporate culture, that focus on training, education and employment services.
Assist with the planning, organizing, implementation and management of Goodwill Houston’s Life Launch Young Adult program. The Life Launch Program is a re-entry demonstration project for young adults 18-24 years old. The position will assist participants in exploring and enrolling in the identified career pathways with the outcome being employment in the target industry. This program also provides workforce development services such as work readiness programs and job placement services to assist individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment in the achievement of their maximum vocational potential. These services must be responsive to the objectives of participants, funding agencies and employers; in compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards; and operated with financial efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day Program Management that includes implementation, administration, fiscal and programmatic compliance. Provide program support as necessary to achieve the program objectives.
- Leads routine staffing meetings to discuss case management coordination, and participants’ learning progress, work readiness and job placement progress. Recommends appropriate success strategies for all participants.
- As necessary may conduct intake assessment, testing and program assignment for new participants. Case Manage if necessary.
- Recruits, hires and supervises program staff. Provide guidance and support to program staff as required.
- Works closely with Manager and finance department to assure appropriate budget and fiscal compliance, and administration of programs. Responsible for reviewing and approving of program disbursements to insure conformity with funding agency and Goodwill policies and regulations. Assures all invoicing for services rendered are prepared and delivered to appropriate referring agencies.
- Responsible for the timely collection, analysis and reporting of key program operating data.
- Oversees and assures timely recording of all necessary participant reports, and documentation as required for state and local agency regulatory compliance. Maintain documentation for fiscal and program audits.
- Ensures the currency of all licensing and certifications required by all regulatory federal, state and local agencies.
- Act as liaison with federal, state and local referring agencies. Primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of positive working relationships with federal, state and local agencies to encourage and assure client referrals to Life Launch program and to fulfill Goodwill’s mission.
- Facilitate communication with referral sources and private sector to assure all program offerings are reflective of the needs of the participants and community.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for program support services that may include referrals sources for training and education, curricula and materials for all in-house work readiness training programs to reflect the needs of the business community and job opportunities for each program.
- Coordinate and assures the appropriate janitorial and routine maintenance of program facilities. Maintain adequate materials, supplies and equipment to support the professional delivery of all work readiness programs and job placement activities.
- Responsible for the equal opportunity employment efforts and results, and must take action to prevent harassment of employees and participants.
- Ensure compliance with all Goodwill Houston policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet all state and local regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Meyerland Job Connection Center.
- Education: Master Degree in Guidance and Counseling, Vocational Rehabilitation Management, Social Work or related field.
- Experience: Two years of supervisory experience and case management are required, four or more years of progressively responsible experience in an employment services program environment may be considered in lieu of Master’s Degree.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work occasional after-hours and weekends.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate insurance coverage and a privately-owned reliable means of transportation to travel throughout the city to other job connections.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Able to sit, stand, bend and reach.
- Able to lift, push, pull up to twenty-five (25) pounds with no support regularly.
Balanced Scorecard/Key Performance Indicators:
- Assist in recruiting 140 opportunity youth by end of active phase grant.
- Meet program participant training and employment outcome within 12 months.
- Weekly oversight of Lead Career Navigator and 2 Career Navigator’s case management in multiple data systems.
- Monthly review of Career Navigator caseload and youth progress in program.
- Monitor new employer relationships monthly using Employer profiler.
- Work towards overall grant strategic plan goals.
Applicants, please send update and submit resume to CPetrossi@goodwillhouston.org