Job Title: e-Commerce Clerk I
Reports to: e-Commerce Manager
To perform a variety of administrative duties in support of Goodwill’s e-commerce store. Responsibilities include: photographing products and preparing written descriptions of items for sale; integrating product information into the store software; assisting in selection and processing of items as needed; cleaning and displaying merchandise; tracking items and recording daily sales; and helping facilitate shipping as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives items from processing area and initiates steps to integrate products into the store.
- Photographs items
- Prepares written descriptions of items
- Accesses E-Bay to obtain relevant product information.
- Integrates photographs of items into the e-commerce software.
- Inputs description, bids, etc. of items into the e-commerce software.
- Cleans and displays items on inventory shelves in e-commerce storeroom.
- Searches other auction sites for competitive information and determines/recommends enhancements to ShopGoodwill.com.
- Helps facilitate shipment of sold items.
- Reviews sellers information on shopgoodwill.com to ensure that it is compliant with requirements related to posting of items, description etiquette, and “answers to frequently-asked questions” (FAQ).
- Safeguards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incident of theft or unauthorized possession of company property.
- Acts safely at all times, following all safety rules and regulations.
- Receives work and safety instructions and answers questions. Communicates with management, co-workers, clients, and the public.
- Promotes and demonstrates cooperation and teamwork. Assists and shares knowledge and information with other employees as needed.
- Works overtime as required.
- Performing other duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience with digital camera equipment and Adobe Photoshop or similar photo editing software.
- Must possess intermediate PC skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Must possess business grammar and writing skills with minimal errors.
- Advanced knowledge of e-commerce website functions as well as familiarity with other e-commerce avenues and trends.
- Analytical ability necessary to access E-Bay software, review relevant data and transfer appropriate information for product descriptions.
- Flexibility and adaptability in handling interruptions and variation
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
WORK DEVICES/MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT USED:
Uses various ofﬁce supplies and equipment including, but not limited to: personal computer; digital camera equipment; telephone, fax machine, printer, copy machine, ﬁle cabinets, forms/papers, pens/pencils, etc. Must be able to operate a handtruck and 4 wheeled cart if required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets). The employee must also be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Indoor work environment with occasional exposure to outside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.