Job Title: Client Services Data Specialist
Department: Workforce Development
Reports To: Department Manager or Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide administrative support for the Community Rehabilitative Services program, staff and clients. Duties include general administration, receptionist, client services and project based work. This position will require additional credentials to assist with serving our clientele. Must project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit superior customer service skills
- Must be timely, organized and process excellent communication skills: oral, written and verbal.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors, assist with routine inquires and refer to appropriate program staff member as necessary.
- Answer telephones, assist with routine inquiries and refer to appropriate program staff member as necessary.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office desktop applications.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Perform accurate data entry and record keeping related to the appropriate Workforce Development program.
- Collect retention data for clients in programs.
- Facilitate orientation, intake and assessment process.
- Order office supplies.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Manager.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications and telephone protocol.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 45 wpm.
- Experience: one to three years of Client Services/Administrative Assistant experience.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
To apply for this position, send email to RClements-Martin@goodwillhouston.org