Job Title: Data Intake Specialist (Life Launch 2.0)
Division: Workforce Development
Department: Job Connection Programs
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part time)
To help people achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work. The Life Launch 2.0 Program which is a re-entry demonstration project for young adults 18-24 years old. This position will assist participants in exploring and enrolling in the identified career pathways with the outcome being employment in the target industry. This program also provides workforce development services such as work readiness programs and job placement services to assist individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment in the achievement of their maximum vocational potential. These services must be responsive to the objectives of participants, funding agencies and employers; in compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards; and operated with financial efficacy.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, this position provides administrative support for the Life Launch 2.0 Program. Duties include general clerical, receptionist, data entry and project-based work. Deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal clients and staff at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all job connection clients and visitors, answer telephones, assists with routine inquiries and refers to appropriate Goodwill program as necessary. Provides excellent customer service for the front office and communicates well with staff.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, scheduling, ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Assists with data entry and record keeping related to Job Connection Programs and Services while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. Verifies entered client data by reviewing, correcting or reentering data; alerting staff when account information is incomplete.
- Provides client Case Management support as necessary and as directed by program staff and program manager. Assistance with retention follow up may be requested.
- Assists with preparation of clients’ assessments, evaluations, and enters Job Readiness and Soft-Skills Trainings, Job Placement and Job Retention services into the CaseWorthy database.
- Organizes and prepares materials for weekly Orientations, Classes, Job Readiness classes, etc., and prepares a calendar of job connection and program schedules.
- Participate in staffing meetings to discuss job connection services. Maintains appropriate agency documentation of staff meetings and contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all Goodwill Houston policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain them to meet all state and local regulatory standards.
- Ensures operation of job connection center equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Assists in completing regular routine follow up calls and/or emails for the purpose of supporting program retention data.
- Other duties as assigned by the Job Connection/Program Managers.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. One to three years of clerical experience in a professional office environment. Bi-lingual Preferred.
- Professional telephone protocol
- Professional business attire at all times and smart casual on non-meeting days
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; multilingual abilities (strongly preferred)
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with people of varying backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license, automobile, and auto insurance (preferred)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
Applicants, please send update and submit resume to CPetrossi@goodwillhouston.org