Job Type: Part Time
Job Category: Hourly Part-Time
Job Description Summary:
Provide instruction in multiple topics of industrial, commercial and multi-dwelling maintenance to include, but not limited to the replacement and minor repair of items in the areas of electrical, HVAC/EPA, pool maintenance, plumbing and appliances for Goodwill Houston’s Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) program.
- Teach courses as scheduled.
- Prepares course syllabi for each course.
- Keeps current on developments regarding instructional methodology.
- Develop, grade, administer and facilitate quizzes, exams or other tools used to evaluate student progress.
- Manage classroom activities by enforcing standards, rules and regulations.
- Makes recommendations to the Program Manager regarding curriculum additions, deletions, or revisions.
- Provides an evaluation on each student’s performance.
- Provide feedback to the Program Manager on course progress, suggested improvements or problems that may impact program quality or stability.
- Work effectively and holistically with Job Connection and other program staff to assure appropriate client/student recruitment, 95 percent graduation rate, 80 percent job placement, and 70 percent job retention rates.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Education
- 5 years demonstrated experience in building and/or apartment maintenance skills, to include but not limited to electrical, HVAC/EPA, pool maintenance, plumbing and appliance troubleshooting and repair.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English.
- Associates Degree or higher.
- 5 years or more demonstrated experience in career field.
- College / Vocational teaching experience.
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish)
- Knowledge and experience with teaching adults.
Salary Range: $20 – $24 per hr.
Please send resumes to LPena@goodwillhouston.org