Job Title: AMP Employment Specialist
Division: Workforce Development
Department: Family Strengthening
Reports To: THRIVE Program Manager and ROJC Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The AMP Employment Specialist (ES) is responsible for developing and establishing relationships with employers in the apartment and building industries to assure successful placement of AMP graduates. The ES is primarily responsible for achieving an 80 percent placement rate for clients. Furthermore, the AMP Specialist will provide follow up/retention and supportive services. The retention goal is 60 percent at 6 months. This position is grant funded.
The following is a general list of duties:
- Assist with conducting group and individual competency and career assessments to determine suitability for AMP program when requested due to staff shortage. At time of intake, the AMP Specialist will explain the program, resources available, and the commitment required of the participant.
- In conjunction with other Goodwill staff serving AMP clients, facilitate clients’ preparation of an Individual Development Plan to include goals for supportive services, financial literacy, asset development, training, and career outcomes.
- Provide alternative training and employment resources to individuals that do not qualify for AMP program.
- Provide case management, employment retention supportive services and maintain communication with employers to support employee success. This includes traveling to the different employment sites throughout the city of Houston and metropolitan areas.
- Develop new partnerships and strengthen existing partnerships with employers to support the goals of the AMP program.
- Actively recruit potential participants for the AMP program.
- Document client services and outcomes in case files and electronic data systems in compliance with Goodwill Houston and funder requirements.
- Coordinate placement services with Job Connection Employment Specialists according to clients’ geographic area.
- All other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 1 year of HR recruitment, sales and marketing experience preferred.
- Experience working in the apartment building industry is highly desired.
- Experience developing and fostering relationships with stakeholders.
- Computer proficient and experience working with databases.
If interested, please forward resumes to Laura Pena at LPena@goodwillhouston.org