TM II (Cashier)
Job Title: TM II (Cashier)
Reports to: Store Manager
Obtains payment for merchandise by accurately itemizing and totaling customer purchases. To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate electronic cash register, credit card and check machines.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers and providing assistance with basic questions about store operations and/or merchandise.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to general public and associates at all times.
- Help load and unload store merchandise as needed.
- Sort and price donations according to company guidelines.
- Assist keeping store stock available.
- Assist in store security.
- Notify Store Manager of low and overstocked items.
- Must perform necessary janitorial work.
- Adherence to all Goodwill policies and procedures regarding sales, exchanges, cash handling, and safety.
- Responsible for performing assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all our customers
- We are committed to a clean, neat, and organized store. The image of the store reflects Goodwill and the team
- Donors should be greeted in 10 seconds
- We are committed to a full store with full inventory
- Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours
- If you have a pile, you have a problem
- Hard goods should be priority processed
- Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage
- Don’t fall in love with your donations…rotation is critical to success
- Donor value should increase
- Profits should increase
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Successfully complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
- Assist with the security and safety of company employees and property.
- Free from alcohol and drugs.
- Conduct self in safe manner; report all work injuries immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Able to perform basic math functions, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with the public and department staff at all times.
- Possess and display honesty.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass cashiers test.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets). The employee must also be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Indoor work environment with occasional exposure to outside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equipment, Machines and Tools Used:
Cash register, credit card and check machines, telephone, mop and broom, pricing and tagging guns, metal clothes racks and hangers, calculator, totes, and other material handling equipment.
Employee understands he/she may be transferred to another location at any time at the discretion of the Vice President of Operations and/or the District Sales Manager.