To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Under the team leadership of District Sales Manager, is responsible for everything that their assigned store does or fails to do.
- Ensure 100% donor and customer delight.
- Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, development and evaluating team members within the framework of Goodwill policies and procedures and job descriptions.
- Reviews and contributes to store budget, operating the store within budgeted expense to revenue ratios.
- Responsible for good stewardship of all donations through proper handling and processing of incoming donation flow in and out of the store in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Scheduling of labor and preparation of time cards/sheets. Responsible for the review and approval of time sheets.
- The Store Manager is responsible for transportation and maintenance needs of the store.
- Responsible for the image and security of the store.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies in a secured manner in accordance with established budget and Agency practices.
- Responsible for good stewardship of donations and all other agency property and supplies.
- Ensure the following statistical counts are completed in an accurate and timely manner: Donor counts, apparel counts.
- Complete and analyze the following: Register PLU readings, cash reports, daily, monthly and yearly activity reports, transmittal of reports and daily deposits in accordance with policies and procedures, comment cards, work orders, purchase orders, team minutes, petty cash, expense reports.
- Keep abreast of product knowledge, industry trends, and competitive pricing through comparative shopping of competitors (e.g. full or discount retail, consignment, and second-hand thrift).
- Ensures merchandise presentation according to Goodwill guidelines.
- Responsible for making all store decisions within the framework of our Guiding Principles: We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all of our customers.
- We are committed to a clean, neat, and organized store. The image of the store reflects Goodwill and the team.
- Donors should be greeted in 10 seconds.
- We are committed to a full store with full inventory.
- Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it.
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours.
- If you have a pile, you have a problem.
- Hard goods should be priority processed.
- Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage.
- Don’t fall in love with your donations….rotation is critical to success.
- Donor Value should increase.
- Profits should increase.
- Must perform necessary janitorial work.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drugs.
- Successfully complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
- Attend in-service and related training as assigned by DSM.
- May be asked to participate in activities outside of Goodwill.
- Other duties as assigned by District Sales Manager.
- Basic computer skills.
- Minimum two years experience in business setting preferred.
- Minimum of two years of management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must pass cashiers test.
Must be willing and able to work flexible shift.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIORNMENT:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets). The employee must also be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Indoor work environment with occasional exposure to outside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, AND TOOLS USED:
Cash register, credit card and check machines, telephone, mop and broom, pricing and tagging guns, metal clothes racks and hangers, calculator, totes and other material handling equipment.
For inquiries for this position, please contact email@example.com