Goodwill Industries of Houston is seeking a Maintenance Specialist to support the operations department. This individual will conduct the preventive maintenance and repairs to ADCs, stores and other facility locations prescribed by Goodwill Houston, Donated Goods policies and procedures.
Repair and maintain locations. This will require a basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, framing, HVAC, drywall, flooring, ceilings, lighting, masonry, painting, finish carpentry and the associated tools.
- Repair and maintain Donated Goods equipment and fixtures.
- Replace light bulbs and ballasts as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections.
- Ensure all restroom equipment and fixtures are present and operating properly.
- Maintain and submit necessary paperwork to track issues and costs.
- Comply with all Goodwill Industries of Houston policies and procedures
- Comply with all Donated Goods procedures and rules, which will include the OSHA requirements.
- Attend and/or complete all required and assigned training.
- Maintain a professional appearance and customer service attitude.
- Maintain company vehicle, tools, and property issued
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- High School Diploma and/or completed vocational training program, valid drivers license
- Two years facility maintenance responsibility.
- Maintain a good driving record and must meet standards of company's insurance carrier.
- Maintain dependable transportation and communication devices.
- Work flexible work hours. Must be available for emergency calls on nights and weekends.
- The ability to push, pull and lift 50 lbs and the stamina to complete assigned tasks.
- Able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, tolerate environmental issues such as dust, heat, cold.
- Agility to be able to crawl, climb, twist, bend, reach, grasp, lift, lay on hard surfaces, and work in confined spaces.
- Dexterity to use tools associated with the scope of basic knowledge for the position.
Interested candidates should email a resume or Goodwill Houston application to Kellen Cole email@example.com for consideration