Intake Specialist (TEMPORARY)
Job Title: Intake Specialist (TEMPORARY)
Department: Workforce Development
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/ Temporary (December 2017- March 2018) Full-Time
Provides information, intake and eligibility services to help families who were affected economically by Hurricane Harvey to quickly regain stability. This position is to serve in Cypress Station/Conroe Job Connections.
1. Associate’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field. Bachelor’s preferred. Two or more years of experience can be used in lieu of degree.
2. A minimum of one year direct social services experience, and a working knowledge of issues and resources in relation to disaster relief service for families.
3. A working knowledge of major systems that low-income populations encounter and the resources they may need.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and data entry in client databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointments for Case Managers.
- Provide screening, intake and assessment for families.
- Collect and review client eligibility documentation to ensure that it meets minimum eligibility requirements
- Respond to client needs in a timely manner.
- Guide clients through the process of recovery and ensure that their needs are met.
- Document and maintain accurate information in client files on a timely basis.
- Comply with established policy and procedure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please forward resumes to: email@example.com.