Employment Coordinator for its Veteran and Employment Services - Galveston
Assist with the planning, organizing, implementation and management of Goodwill Houston’s work readiness programs and job placement services to assist individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment in the achievement of their maximum vocational potential. These services must be responsive to the objectives of participants, funding agencies and employers; in compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards; and operated with financial efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation, Psychology, Sociology or related field preferred.
- At least one to three years’ experience in vocational counseling, job development, placement and/or working with employment and training programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Reports to: Manager of Veteran Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day Program Coordination that includes implementation, staffing, administration, fiscal and programmatic compliance. Provide program support as necessary to achieve the program objectives.
- Leads routine staff meetings to discuss, participants learning process, work readiness and job placement progress. Recommends appropriate success strategies for all participants.
- Conduct intake assessment, testing and program assignments for new participants, and provide case management services for a caseload of clients. Place clients into employment.
- Assists in hiring and supervision of staff. Provide guidance and support to program staff as required.
- Works closely with finance department to assure appropriate budget and fiscal compliance, and administration of programs.
- Responsible for the timely collection, analysis and reporting of key program operating data.
- Oversees and assures timely recording of all necessary participant reports, and documentation as required for state and local agency regulatory compliance. Maintain documentation for fiscal and program audits.
- Act as liaison with federal, state and local referring agencies. Primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of positive working relationship with federal, state and local agencies to encourage ad assure client referrals to fulfill Goodwill’s mission.
- Facilitate communication with referral sources and private sector to assure all program offerings are reflective of the needs of the participants and community.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for program support services that may include referrals sources for training and education, curricula and materials for all in-house work readiness programs to reflect the needs of the business community and job opportunities for each program.
- Coordinate and assures the appropriate janitorial and routine maintenance of program facilities. Maintain adequate materials, supplies and equipment to support the professional delivery of all work readiness programs and job placement activities.
- Ensure compliance with all Goodwill Houston policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet all state and local regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
Interested candidates should email a resume and letter of interest to Nick Bassitt at firstname.lastname@example.org