e-Commerce – Assistant Manager
Job Title: e-Commerce -Assistant Manager
Reports to: General Manager - e-Commerce
The e-Commerce Assistant Manager’s role is to supervise day to day operations of the shopgoodwill.com online storefront and other Goodwill Houston online sales venues by planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to the operations, development, and implementation of the e-Commerce business for Goodwill in Houston. The e-Commerce Assistant Manager will assist with planning, development, and implementation of product strategies and e-Commerce initiatives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees production in Quality Control, Photography, Listing, Inventory Control & Shipping
2. Responds to customer service inquiries
3. Generates reports on overall department performance
4. Consistently surpasses department goals for:
c. Sell Through Percentage
f. Shopgoodwill.com Ranking
5. Provides feedback to manager regarding production and customer service issues
6. Works closely with upper level E Commerce employees and program participants to ensure their success
7. Coordinates with other departments regarding proper flow of eCommerce product
8. Develops training materials for eCommerce employees and program participants
9. Responsible for posting of quality items and follow through and follow up on all items posted and sold
10. Responsible for selection of quality items to be posted on Shopgoodwill.com and other online sales venues
11. Responsible for efficiently handling and storing items to be posted
12. Maintain quality control through selective item selection.
13. Responsible for taking quality photos; honestly, accurately and creatively writing merchandise descriptions for optimum showing of item.
14. Categorize, and clearly mark all merchandise photographed and posted on Shopgoodwill.com and other online sales venues.
15. Responsible for tracking items personally posted and answering customers questions in an accurate and timely manner.
16. Achieving goal of 3 7 items per hour (minimum) postings with the goal of generating 40 per item/bundle.
17. Maintain a high degree of professionalism in written communication with the Shopgoodwill.com and other online sales venues customers, and business associates.
18. Make proper use of available space and materials.
19. Maintain a neat and safe work area
20. Maintain communication with transportation and processing/stores regarding receipt of items or merchandise returned to departments if not being posted.
21. Responsible for all accounting and balancing of all funds, credits and debits received by shopgoodwill.com and other online sales venues
22. Assist in maintaining all aspects of shopgoodwill.com and other online sales venues, including shipping as needed.
23. Maintain security and safety measures at all times.
24. Attend required trainings
25. Maintain and adhere to all agency policies and procedures
26. Works overtime as required.
27. Performs other job related duties as required.
28. Safeguards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incidents of theft or unauthorized possession of company property.
29. Acts safely at all times, following all safety rules and regulations
30. Follows all company policies and procedures.
31. Promotes and demonstrates cooperation and teamwork. Assists and shares knowledge and information with other employees as needed.
32. Uses good interpersonal skills such as courtesy, sensitivity, politeness, and thoughtfulness
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
2. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
3. Must possess intermediate PC skills.
4. Must be able to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
5. A minimum of 1 year secretarial or administrative experience preferred.
6. Advanced experience with online store front operations preferred.
7. Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
8. Excellent organizational skills
9. Ability to understand and accept people with barriers to employment and everyday living.
10. Accurate typing with proper business grammar with little to no errors.
11. Strong knowledge of digital photography & equipment
12. Creative ability with experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar photo editing software.
13. Proficiency with Microsoft applications
14. Knowledge and understanding of the internet & e-mail handling
15. Should demonstrate skills, knowledge and professionalism relative to the position
16. Advanced knowledge of e-commerce website functions as well as familiarity with other e-commerce avenues and trends.
17. Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
18. Analytical ability necessary to access E-Bay software, review relevant data and transfer appropriate information for product descriptions.
19. Flexibility and adaptability in handling interruptions and variation
WORK DEVICES/MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT USED:
Uses various ofﬁce supplies and equipment including, but not limited to: personal computer; digital camera equipment; telephone, fax machine, printer, copy machine, ﬁle cabinets, forms/papers, pens/pencils, etc. Must be able to operate a handtruck and 4 wheeled cart if required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The employee may occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Employee will generally work in a warehouse environment. However, employee may occasionally travel to Retail Store and Operations warehouse locations where environmental conditions may vary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
To apply send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Candidates who do not qualify for the position will be notified via email. Please do not call.