Goodwill Industries of Houston is seeking a Dispatcher to support the Transportation department. The Dispatcher reports to the Traffic Manager and assists and supports the management of the collection / transport / distribution by dispatching drivers to / from and directing their activities related to collection / transportation of donated goods and the servicing of attended donation centers and stores, including the loading-offloading of Units used to transport donated goods.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Contacts all ADC’s and assigns/directs drivers’ routes and monitors their activities on a daily basis.
- Maintains radio contact with drivers and Management.
- Completes Dispatch Log and informs management about donation sites serviced, locations needing service, and driver/Unit activity.
- Maintains contact with stores concerning shipping/delivery/equipment matters
- Reviews locations for VIP and special pickups and provides delivery/off load instructions to drivers.
- Ensures that dispatch logs, drivers tracker form, seals, equipment maintenance records, reports and other related duties and files are documented and maintained.
- Monitors the GPS system.
- Logs and reports any driver irregularities such as long loading-unloading periods, drivers being off route from their instructions, frequent short stops to management.
- Maintains and enters maintenance information on trucks per schedules.
- Other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential performance requirement satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or equivalency (GED) and a minimum of one year as a driver of a box truck with or without a standard transmission and dispatch experience preferred.
- Market Goodwill Industries and explain the mission to the general public.
- Apply pertinent occupational safety rules and practices.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Adapt to various assigned tasks.
- Proper operation and routine maintenance of heavy trucks.
- Texas commercial motor vehicle rules and regulations…helpful.
- Develops and maintains own skills by participating in required training opportunities.
- Adheres to occupational safety procedures to include being an awareness ambassador for Risk Management.
- Decrease audit finding by following and enforcing standard operating procedures as directed by Management Team Member.
- Consistently provides quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Responsibility to take a proactive role in protecting the agency’s assets and resources.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIORNMENT:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must also be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Indoor work environment with occasional exposure to outside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit Goodwill application to email@example.com.