Digital Media & Marketing Coordinator
Goodwill Houston’s Public Relations and Marketing department is seeking a Digital Media & Marketing Coordinator.
The Digital Media & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating Goodwill Houston’s online presence across multiple platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Constant Contact and others. The Digital Media and Marketing Coordinator will develop and implement online strategies for promoting Goodwill’s retail operation, increasing public awareness of Goodwill’s mission, programs and services, and engaging Goodwill’s many publics which include donors, shoppers, supporters, and employees. As part of the PR Team, the Digital Media and Marketing Coordinator will also assist with general PR, marketing and communications activities and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements digital media strategy consistent with Goodwill Houston’s overall PR/Marketing strategy and corporate strategic plan
- Develops content to creatively communicate Goodwill Houston’s message; this includes but may not be limited to posts, tweets, articles, videos and podcasts
- Stays up-to-date on digital tools and best practices
- Provides marketing and/or PR support for the retail, development and human services departments
- Assists with the development and execution of community awareness campaigns and other branding and marketing activities
- Assists with writing press releases, newsletter articles and other general PR and marketing activities
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Candidates will have:
- A degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field is required.
- At least three (3) years of professional work experience in a comparable position with direct involvement with digital media
- Proficiency in all Microsoft software applications/MAC Proficiency is a plus
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities
- Proficient at prioritizing while performing a variety of detailed-oriented tasks
- Ability to complete assignments on time with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- High standards of ethnic and integrity
- Previous non-profit and/or retail experience is a plus
To apply send your resume and a cover letter to F_Darden@goodwillhouston.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.