Communications & Partnership Specialist
Goodwill Houston’s Public Relations and Marketing department is seeking a Communications & Partnership Specialist.
The Communications and Partnership Specialist will be responsible for providing day-to-day support for Goodwill Houston’s media and community cause partnership relationships. As part of the PR Team, the Communications & Partnership Specialist will also coordinate community awareness and PR campaigns and assist with PR, marketing and communications activities and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides project coordination and oversight for new and ongoing partnerships
- Develops content and creative concepts for media and cause partnerships campaigns
- Works closely with all Goodwill Houston departments to identify and vet success stories
- Writes scripts and produces TV and radio spots, corporate videos for fundraising events and employee training videos
- Works closely with the VP of Public Relations to create and strengthen key media and community cause partnerships
- Coordinates on-location video shoots for media partners and in-house video projects
- Coordinates national PR and partnerships projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualified Candidates will have:
- A degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field is required.
- At least four (4) years of full-time professional work experience in a comparable position
- Excellent project coordination skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities with a demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Proficiency in completing assignments independently, on time and within budget
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- High standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft software applications/MAC proficiency is a plus
- Previous media producing experience is preferred
To apply send your resume and a cover letter to F_Darden@goodwillhouston.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.