Case Manager (TEMPORARY)
Job Title: Case Manager (TEMPORARY)
Department: Workforce Development
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/ Temporary (December 2017- March 2018) Full-Time
Provides direct support services and case management to help families who were affected economically by Hurricane Harvey to quickly regain stability. Uses case management model that is client-driven, solution-focused, and facilitates change and movement toward self-sufficiency. Provide services at the Cypress Station/Conroe Job Connection Centers.
1. Associate’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field. Bachelor’s preferred.
2. A minimum of one year direct case management experience in social service employment setting, and a working knowledge of issues and resources in relation to disaster relief service for families.
3. A working knowledge of major systems that low-income populations encounter and the resources they may need.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide screening, intake and assessment for families.
- Assess functional and social need of clients in order to develop, implement and monitor service plans leading to an increased level of self-sufficiency.
- Provide case management on an ongoing basis as needed by clients.
- Conduct home inspections as needed.
- Respond to client needs in a timely manner.
- Monitor client progress on an ongoing basis while maintaining client confidentiality.
- Provide outreach to community regarding resources available in program.
- Assess emergency needs of clients and develop an individualized plans.
- Guide clients through the process of disaster recovery.
- Provide education to clients in areas of tenant rights and responsibilities.
- Document and maintain accurate information in client files on a timely basis.
- Comply with established policy and procedure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.