Assistant Manager – Computer Works
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Computer Works
Reports to: Computer Works Manager/eCommerce General Manager
Position Summary: Under the team leadership of the Computer Works Manager, will assist in the day-to-day store operations to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
• Evaluate donated computers and assess their value.
• Answering technical questions and providing customer support.
• Assist on retail sales floor.
• Maintain workstation.
• Access internet to obtain technical and component information. (drivers & driver software)
• Package, price and stock components and software for the sales floor.
• Works collaboratively with others to further the mission of Goodwill Industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure 100% customer and donor delight.
• Ensure the proper handling and processing of incoming donation flow in and out of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures.
• Assist in the scheduling and productive use of labor force.
• Assist Computer Works Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store.
• Perform refurbishing on computer equipment to restore units to like-new working condition and/or appearance for the sales floor.
• Install operating system on computers & configure to Computer Works standards.
• Perform minor upgrades as needed to machines on sales floor.
• Troubleshoot repairs, maintains, installs and performs testing activities on various computer equipment & peripherals.
• Warranty maintenance on machines bought from Computer Works.
• Train, develop, and supervise team members.
• Assist in maintenance and ordering of supplies.
• Ensure store security according to agency policies and procedures.
• Assist the Computer Works Manager in complying with Goodwill image and safety practices and procedures.
• Keep abreast of merchandise knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing.
• Complete register pulls, readings, cash reports, daily activity reports, transmittal of reports and daily deposits in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and procedures.
Responsible for performing assigned duties and management responsibilities within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all of our customers
- We are committed to a clean, neat, and organized store. The image of the store reflects Goodwill and the team
- Donors should be greeted in 10 seconds
- We are committed to a full store with full inventory
- Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours
- If you have a pile, you have a problem
- Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage
- Don’t fall in love with your donations… rotation is critical to success
- Donor Value should increase
- Profits should increase
• Must perform necessary janitorial work.
• Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
• Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
• Free from alcohol and drugs.
• Assist with the security and safety of company employees and property.
• Successful complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
• May be asked to participate in activities outside of Goodwill.
• Attend in-service and related training as assigned by Store Manager.
• Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
• Experience in business setting preferred.
• Minimum G.E.D. or high school diploma.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate with the public and department staff at all times
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to pass cashiers test.
• Certification in technology repair (A+ certification preferred) and/or equivalent job experience.
• Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must also be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Indoor work environment with occasional exposure to outside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equipment, Machines, and Tools Used:
Cash register, credit card and check machines, telephone, mop and broom, pricing and tagging guns, calculator, totes, trash bins, dollies, pallet jack, other material handling equipment and tools commonly used to repair/diagnose computers and peripherals.
For inquiries for this position, please apply online.